Babel je metoda zobrazení jazyků, kterými mluví uživatelé Wikidruhů, za pomoci rozšíření "Babel".
The Babel extension allows users to specify which languages they know and these parser function statements consist of two parts. The first part is the language code (sometimes with a number), the second a short explanation.
The language code consists of two or three letters ("en" for English, "nl" for Dutch, etc.) and sometimes a number.
- xx (without number) means that this person is a native speaker for this language.
- xx-4 means that this person speaks this language in a near-native level.
- xx-3 means that this person speaks this language in an advanced level.
- xx-2 means that this person speaks this language in an intermediate level.
- xx-1 means that this person speaks this language in a basic level.
- xx-0 means that this person does not speak this language.
Use of Babel parser functions
It's not difficult to put Babel parser functions on your user page.
Start like this:
Then add, after the colon character, the ISO code of the desired language and your level of understanding. For example, if you understand English at a basic level:
Continue by adding one pipe character and xx-<level> code at a time, until you place in all the languages you see fit. For example, if you are a native speaker of English and you understand German and French in a basic level, the template code will have the following form:
It is possible to search user languages using the Category:Babel.