I'm afraid, your recent contribution is out of the scope of Wikispecies. That's why I reverted most of your text. If you can't agree, plese discuss this at the Wikispecies:Village Pump. Thank you --Murma174 (talk) 07:35, 21 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Jcoleh7: Here's more detailed explanation. Please note that Wikispecies is very different from the other sister sites at Wikimedia, especially in comparison to Wikipedia. While Wikipedia is a generally kept "all you can eat" encyclopaedia, Wikispecies is only a database for taxa, taxonomy, biological systematics, type repositories, and information about the authors and references needed to verify that data. Nothing else. We have no need for an abundance of unverifiable data or data that is unrelated to biological taxonomy. In other words: Wikispecies always take on a much more scientific approach, while Wikipedia is more mainstream. For some more information regarding this, please read What Wikispecies is not.
- –Best regards, Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 10:58, 27 October 2017 (UTC).
Welcome to Wikispecies!
Hello, and welcome to Wikispecies! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages you might like to see:
- Help:Contents provides a good introduction to editing Wikispecies.
- Templates are there to help you following syntax and formatting rules.
- Have a look at Done and to do.
If you have named a taxon, then it is likely that there is (or will be) a Wikispecies page about you, and other pages about your published papers. Please see our advice and guidance for taxon authors.
If you have useful images to contribute to Wikispecies, please upload them at the Wikimedia Commons. This is also true for video or audio files containing bird songs, whale vocalization, etc.
Please sign your comments on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username (if you're logged in) and the date. Please also read the Wikispecies policy What Wikispecies is not. If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or in the Village Pump. Again, welcome! Dan Koehl (talk) 19:55, 23 October 2017 (UTC)