Emus Leach, 1819: 172
- Type species: Staphylinus hirtus Linnaeus, 1758, fixed by original designation.
- Emys Agassiz, 1846: 137 [unjustified emendation of Emus]
- Creatophilus Gistel, 1856: 388 [without description]
- Type species: Staphylinus hirtus Linnaeus, 1758, fixed by monotypy.
- Leach, W.E. 1819. [new genera]. In: Samouelle G.: The entomologist’s useful compendium; or an introduction to the knowledge of British insects comprising the best means of obtaining and preserving them, and a description of the apparatus generally used; together with the genera of Linné, and the modern method of arranging the classes Crustacea, Myriapoda, spiders, mites and insects from their affinities and structure, according to the views of Dr. Leach. Also an explanation of the terms used in entomology: a calendar of the times of appearance, and usual situations of near 3000 species of British insects; with instructions for collecting and fitting up objects for the microscope. London: Thomas Boys, 496 pp. BHL Reference page. [original description: p. 172]