William Elford Leach
Jump to navigation Jump to search
William Elford Leach (February 2, 1791 – August 25, 1836), English naturalist and zoologist.
- Leach W.E., 1813–1814: Crustaceology. In: Brewsler D. (ed) The Edinburgh Encyclopaedia, 7: 383–437
- Leach, W.E., 1814. The zoological miscellany: being descriptions of new, or interesting animals. Illustrated with coloured figures drawn from nature by R.P. Nodder. Vol. I. 144 pp. + 60 tt. London, E. Nodder & son. BHLReference page
- Leach, W. E. 1814. Crustaceology in Edinbugh Encyclopaedia, 7: 402-403, App. 429-437. Reference page.
- Leach, W.E. 1815: An Essay on the British Species of the Genus Melöe, with Descriptions of two exotic Species. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 11: 35–49. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1815: Further Observations on the Genus Melöe, with Descriptions of Six Exotic Species. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 11: 242–251. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1815. A tabular View of the external Characters of Four Classes of Animals, which Linné arranged under Insecta; with the Distribution of the Genera composing Three of these Classes into Orders, &c. and Descriptions of several New Genera and Species. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 11: 306–400. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1815. Entomology [pp. 57–172]. In: Brewster, D. (Ed). Brewster’s Edinburgh Encyclopedia. Volume IX [part I]. W. Blackwood, J. Waugh, etc., Edinburgh, 764 pp. BHL. reference page
- Leach, W. E. 1817: Distribution systematique de la class Cirripedes. Journal de Physique, de Chimie, d'Histoire Naturelle et des Arts 85: 67–69. reference page
- Leach, W.E. 1817. The Zoological Miscellany, being descriptions of new or interesting animals. Vol. III. London: R.P. Nodder, v +  + 151 pp., pls. 121–150. BHL
- Leach, W.E. 1818: On the Classification of the Natural Tribe of Insects Notonectides, with Descriptions of the British Species. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 12: 10–18. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1818. Notes on the insect Aphis lanigera. Transactions of the horticultural Society of London, 3: 60 Reference page.
- Leach, W.E. 1819. [new genera]. In: Samouelle G.: The entomologist’s useful compendium; or an introduction to the knowledge of British insects comprising the best means of obtaining and preserving them, and a description of the apparatus generally used; together with the genera of Linné, and the modern method of arranging the classes Crustacea, Myriapoda, spiders, mites and insects from their affinities and structure, according to the views of Dr. Leach. Also an explanation of the terms used in entomology: a calendar of the times of appearance, and usual situations of near 3000 species of British insects; with instructions for collecting and fitting up objects for the microscope. London: Thomas Boys, 496 pp. BHL Reference page.
- Leach, W.E. 1820. Synopsis of the Contents of the British Museum: Eleventh Room. British Museum. London. 17th edition: 65–70. (Although the name of the author is not specified in the document, Leach was the Keeper of Zoology at the time). BHL doi: 10.5962/bhl.title.144385Reference page
- Leach, W.E. 1821: Characters of a new Genus of Coleopterous Insects of the Family Byrrhidœ. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 13: 41. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1821: The Characters of three new Genera of Bats without foliaceous Appendages to the Nose. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 13: 69–72. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1821: The Characters of seven Genera of Bats with foliaceous Appendages to the Nose. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 13: 73–82. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1821: Descriptions of three Species of the Genus Glarcola. Transactions of The Linnean Society of London, 13: 131–132. BioStor
- Leach, W.E. 1825. A tabular view of the genera composing the class cirripedes, with descriptions of the species of Otion, Cineras, and Clyptra. Zoological Journal, 2(6): 208–215, Article XXIII. [In Latin] BHL reference page
- Leach, W.E. 1826. On the stirpes and genera composing the family Pselaphidae; with descriptions of some new species. Zoological Journal 2: 445–453.