Welcome to Wikispecies!
Hello, and welcome to Wikispecies! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages you might like to see:
- Help:Contents provides a good introduction to editing Wikispecies.
- Templates are there to help you following syntax and formatting rules.
- Have a look at Done and to do.
If you have named a taxon, then it is likely that there is (or will be) a Wikispecies page about you, and other pages about your published papers. Please see our advice and guidance for taxon authors.
If you have useful images to contribute to Wikispecies, please upload them at Wikimedia Commons. This is also true for video or audio files containing bird songs, whale vocalization, etc.
Please sign your comments on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username (if you're logged in) and the date. Please also read the Wikispecies policy What Wikispecies is not. If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or in the Village Pump. Again, welcome!
Thank you again for your contributions. For future edits and formatting of reference template, please read up on Help:Reference section. Thank you. –Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 07:15, 24 April 2016 (UTC).
Hello S_2. Look, if you want to get back and contribute, it's fine with me. As long as you play by the rules I won't get in your way. The following are NOT within WS rules:
* Wikispecies Category:Patronyms of M. Baehr
- Wikispecies Category:Publications of M. Baehr
* Wikispecies Category:Taxa of M. Baehr
- @Mariusm: If so, please describe how they are not; and the preferred alternative. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 12:22, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
- @Pigsonthewing:: This user is a longtime offender which was blocked in the past and returns now under a new name.
"Patronyms of M. Baehr" should be a section within the page Martin Baehr.
- "Publications of M. Baehr" should be a section within the page Martin Baehr and not a category.
"Taxa of M. Baehr" should be renamed to the standard "Martin Baehr taxa".
- –Mariusm (talk) 12:32, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
The edits you reverted here, while not appropriate for Wikispecies, were not vandalism. See en:WP:NOTVANDAL for an explanation, written for Wikipedia but applicable here. Please do not describe good-faith contributions as vandalism. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 12:32, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
I got neither the time nor the energy to chase after you and correct your formatting. Please respect our rules or else you'll force me to post a formal Checkuser request. I'm referring to:
You have been blocked from editing for three days, for making an unacceptable and abusive post directed at another user, on your talk page. Repeating this behaviour will result in further, lengthier blocks, including a block from editing your talk page. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 10:34, 27 April 2016 (UTC)