- Symbiont: Commensal on ahermatypic branching scleractinians
- Original genus: Scalpellum
- Type locality: Albatross station 2669, 31° 9' N, 79° 33' 30" W, between Bahamas and Cape Fear, 352 fathoms
- Types: USNM 11225
- Distribution: West Atlantic Ocean
- Newman, W.A. 1980: A review of extant Scillaelepas (Cirripedia: Scalpellidae) including recognition of new species from the north Atlantic, western Indian Ocean and New Zealand. Tethys 9(4): 379–398. abstract only seen Reference page. [See p. 381, as Scillaelepas (Scillaelepas) superba] (Generic reassignment)
- Newman, W.A., Ross, A. & Buckeridge, J.S. 2002. Deep-Water Scalpellomorph/Coral Symbiosis (Cirripedia, Pedunculata/Hexacorallia, Scleractinia) in the North Atlantic. Crustaceana 75(3/4): 517–525. JSTOR Reference page.
- Pilsbry, H.A. 1907: The barnacles (Cirripedia) contained in the collections of the U.S. National Museum. Bulletin -- United States National Museum 60: 1–122. BHL Reference page. [See p. 11, as Scalpellum (Calantica) superbum, section Scillaelepas]