- Liopelmatidae Mivart, 1869 [placed on the Official Index of Rejected and Invalid Family-Group Names in Zoology, as Liopelmatina, with the Name Number 476, by Melville (1977: 167)]
- Type genus: Leiopelma Fitzinger, 1861
- NOTE: Liopelmatina was emended to Leiopelmatidae, under the plenary powers, by Melville (1977: 167), thereby rendering it an incorrect original spelling (unavailable name), and yet it was at the same time treated as an available name and placed on the Official Index of Rejected and Invalid Family-Group Names in Zoology!
- Melville, R.V. 1977: Opinion 1071. Emendation under the plenary powers of Liopelmatina to Leiopelmatidae (Amphibia Salientia). Bulletin of zoological nomenclature, 33(3/4): 167–169. BHL
- Mivart, St.G. 1869: On the classification of the anurous batrachians. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London 1869[37(1)]: 280–295. DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-7998.1869.tb07329.x . BHL Reference page.