William Jackson Hooker
(Redirected from Hook.)
William Jackson Hooker (July 6, 1785 – August 12, 1865), British botanist and lichenologist, father of Joseph Dalton Hooker.
Author abbreviation: Hook.
Authored taxon names
- 36 taxon names authored by William Jackson Hooker (May be incomplete)
(List of works may be incomplete)
- Hooker, W.J. & Arnott, G.A.W. 1833. Contributions towards a flora of South America and the islands of the Pacific. (To be continued.) Botanical Miscellany 3: 129–211, tt. 96–106. BHL Reference page.
- Hooker, W.J. (ed.) 1843. Icones Plantarum; or figures, with brief descriptive characters and remarks, of new or rare plants, selected from the author's herbarium. Vol. VI [= Vol. II, new series.] Tt. DI–DC. Hippolyte Baillière, London. BHL Reference page.
- Hooker, W.J. 1849–1857. Hooker's Journal of Botany and Kew Gardens Miscellany, 9 vols. Also cited as Journal of Botany, being a second series of the Botanical Miscellany.
- Hooker, W.J. 1837–1854. Icones Plantarum, I–X. BHL
- Hooker, W.J. 1842–1848. The London Journal of Botany, 7 vols.
- Hooker, W.J. 1830–1842. The Journal of Botany, 4 vols.