Welcome to Wikispecies!
Hello, and a belated welcome to Wikispecies! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you are enjoying being here. Here are some pages you might not yet have found:
- Help:Contents provides a good introduction to editing Wikispecies.
- Templates are there to help you following syntax and formatting rules.
- Have a look at Done and to do.
If you have named a taxon, then it is likely that there is (or will be) a Wikispecies page about you, and other pages about your published papers. Please see our advice and guidance for taxon authors.
If you have useful images to contribute to Wikispecies, please upload them at the Wikimedia Commons. This is also true for video or audio files containing bird songs, whale vocalization, etc.
Please sign your comments on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username (if you're logged in) and the date. If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or in the Village Pump. Again, welcome!
Delphinium staphisagria to Staphisagria macrosperma
I believe that this is incorrect and as you have not provided references it will be reversed. See here . In addition this page Staphisagria macrosperma is nonsense with a contradictory reference and content. I will deal with it tomorrow, if it has not been sorted out by then in order to give you a chance to get your act together. Andyboorman (talk) 21:07, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
I am not sure that Delphinium turcicum (H.Duman, Vural, Aytaç & Adıgüzel) F.J.Espinosa, Int. J. Pl. Sci. 178(7):554. (2017) has been validly published. It is not with IPNI, so I would check with them. I can not read the full text and the abstract does not mention the new combination, which is very unusual for a name change. If it has not been validly published then the original will have to stand. Best regards Andyboorman (talk) 18:07, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Andyboorman: I've sent an email containing the link for the whole article. Sorry that I couldn't post it here because I was concerned about the copyright issue.--Neux-Neux (talk) 19:10, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the email, seems pretty clear to me. Also a good idea to contact IPNI, they are always grateful for updates, as they assume that authors will contact them directly. They do not actively read through all botanical journals looking for changes and novel taxa, however, if they think there is a problem under ICN they will let you know. Andyboorman (talk) 19:32, 26 February 2019 (UTC)