Hi I am Andy Boorman from Essex, England and are more or less retired from academic life teaching a range of land based subjects. These include; horticulture, landscape architecture/management, plant knowledge, nomenclature and systematics.
I am happy to contribute to Wikispecies when I can. Helping to reflect contemporary consensual thinking on plant classifications and referencing, as well as adding family, generic and species details.
Professionally, I still feel my best achievements have involved the creation and management of species rich meadows - very aesthetic and bio-diverse!
Main work to be completed for plant orders and genera.
- Santalales Taxonomy is still lagging behind phylogeny. Santalaceae still has a number of red link genera. All red links now blue, but a major review and update of refs needed.
- Melastomataceae All subfamilies, tribes and most genera completed, but some Sonerileae, Melastomeae and also Tibouchina and its segregates are to be finalised, as the taxonomy emerges.
- Rhamnaceae needs a real work over, but see note as regards uncertainty.
- Malpighiales needs a proper update and work through with most genera red links. The important family Euphorbiaceae has much much more red than blue.
- Sapindaceae is another outstanding important family with only a few blue genera, but see Note. Anacardiaceae and a few other families of Sapindales still need attention. Done
- Malvales needed a thorough work over. However, as today's date only Dombeyoideae is to be finalised once Door & Wurduck (2020) is assimilated.
- Gentianales needs a little extra work but is getting there.
- Boraginales - no consensus with respect to s.s. or s.l., so I have avoided Boraginoideae/Boraginaceae s.s. for the moment.
- Celastraceae - work to be done.
- Rosaceae - only a handful of minor genera red linked.
In addition, all families and their lower taxa need a format and content update - thanks to our army of improvers.