|Babel user information|
My name is Alan Cassidy. I am an amateur entomologist with a special interest in Lycaenidae from SE Asia. In the '80s I made severall field expeditions with specialists from the RESL and BMNH, including Phase 1 of Project Wallace to Northern Sulawesi in 1985.
I have published a few taxonomic papers in my specialist area including some treatments of Lycaenid groups based on material from Project Wallace.
I maintain a reference collection at home and hope to continue to help with the establishment in taxonomic websites to aid future researchers and all those interested in our favourite creatures. As I approach retirement from full-time occupation, I hope to spend more time building these web resources over the next few years.
I have been concentrating primarily on the Oriental Polyommatini, which are now treated fairly exhaustively. The Palaearctic and African genera are being worked on, but only to generic, species-list, level. I have also completed the Oriental Miletini and Poritiini to subspecies. I have done little in the Oriental Luciini but have started on the Theclini, and have completed revising the complex genus Arhopala Boisduval to species, or in some cases subspecies, level. I have now dealt with the remaining Genera of the Arhopalini and have since then worked on Aphnaeini, Cheritrini and Deudorigini before moving on to the Iolaini. This latter group now being largely complete, I have spread a little into the Holarctic Polyommatini, but must now do more work on the Oriental Luciini, especially Hypochrysops - pretty well complete as at 2 March 2014 - Philiris and allied genera. At May 2014 have mostly finished for now with Ogyris and moving to doing something with the Afrotropical Oxylidini. As 2014 draws to a close, I am reviewing many of my contributions from a few years ago, updating formats and using more Templates where these are appropriate, and have also made contributions to the African Aphnaeini. Most of my recent attention has been to Neotropical Eumaeini, where a lot of more recent taxonomic work has been published by Lamas, Robbins and others. There is still quite a volume of work here to bring more data into the project. Accassidy (talk) 21:35, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
[Copies of some of these papers here.]
- Cassidy, A.C., 1982. An annotated checklist of Brunei butterflies including a new species of the genus Catapaecilma (Lycaenidae). Brunei Mus. J., 5 (2): 202–272.reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., 1985. An enlarged checklist of Brunei butterflies (Lepidoptera, Rhopalocera) including descriptions of one new species and two new subspecies. Brunei Mus. J., 6(1): 135–168.reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., 1990. On Nacaduba and allied genera (Lepidoptera, Lycaenidae) from the Sulawesi Region. Tyô to Ga, 41(4): 227–241. pdf. reference page
- Hirowatari, T. and Cassidy, A.C., 1994. A new species of the genus Jamides Hübner from Sulawesi. Tyô to Ga, 45(1):1-4. pdf. reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., 1995. On the Miletini (Lepidoptera, Lycaenidae) of the Sulawesi Region. Trans. Lepid. Soc. Japan 46: 1–12. pdf.reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., 1995. On the Lycaenopsis group of genera (Lepidoptera, Lycaenidae) of the Sulawesi Region. Trans. Lepid. Soc. Japan 46: 45–62. pdf. reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., Allen, M.G. & Harman, T., 2002. The generic position of Smerinthus decoratus Moore (Lepidoptera, Sphingidae). Trans. Lep. Soc. Japan, 53(4): 225–228 PDF.reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., 2003. New information on lycaenid butterflies of the South-East Asian Islands. Transactions of the Lepidopterological Society, Japan 54(2): 73–82. pdf. reference page
- Cassidy, A.C.& Rawlins, A. 2011. On Hypolycaena from Maluku, Indonesia, including the first description of male Hypolycaena asahi (Lepidoptera, Lycaenidae). ZooKeys, 115: 53–84. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.115.1406reference page
- Cassidy, A.C., 2013. On some type specimens of Lycaenidae from South East Asia (Lepidoptera). Nachrichten des Entomologischen Vereins Apollo 34(3): 137–144, 63 figs. reference page
- Rawlins, A., Cassidy, A., Müller, C., Schröder, S. & Tennent, W. J. 2014. An Illustrated and annotated checklist of Jamides Hübner, 1819, taxa occurring in the Indonesian Provinces of North Maluku and Maluku (Lepidoptera: Lycaenidae). Nachrichten des Entomologischen Vereins Apollo N.F. 35(1/2): 5-39. reference page
You can peruse and/or use my current Wiki-format Lepidopterological Bibliography