Paralorryia Baker, 1965
- Original status: genus
- Gender: feminine
- Type species: Lorryia cumbrensis Baker, 1944 by original designation
- [according to André (1980)]
- The genus Paralorryia was erected by Baker (1965) to receive Tydeinae (e.g. Lorryia) with longitudinal striae between setae D2. The typical generic leg setal pattern was given by Baker (1968: 1098).
- It was splitted in by André (1980) who mistakenly placed the type-species, Lorryia cumbrensis, in a new genus called Homeotydeus. Homeotydeus was wrongly synonymized with Calotydeus by André (2005: 995). The genus Paralorryia is detailed by Kaźmierski (1998: 340) and is used by Silva et al. (2016).
- The same word may designate an ornamentation type (ornamentation type "Paralorryia" — in Roman font) or a genus (the genus Paralorryia — in italics) as written by Kaźmierski (1998: 340).
- André, H.M. 1980. A generic revision of the family Tydeidae (Acari: Actinedida). IV. Generic descriptions, keys and conclusions. Bulletin et Annales de la Société Royale Belge d’Entomologie 116: 103–130, 139–168. Reference page.
- André, H.M. 2005. In search of the true Tydeus (Acari: Tydeidae). Journal of Natural History 39: 975–1001. Reference page.
- Baker, E.W. 1965. A review of the genera of the family Tydeidae (Acarina). In: Naegele JA, editor. Advances in acarology 2. Ithaca (NY): Cornell University Press: 96–133.
- Baker, E.W. 1968. The genus Paralorryia. Annals of the Entomological Society of America, 61: 1097–1106. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/aesa/61.5.1097
- Kaźmierski, A. 1998. Tydeinae of the world: generic relationships, new and redescribed taxa and keys to all species. A revision of the subfamilies Pretydeinae and Tydeinae (Acari: Actinedida: Tydeidae) - part 4. Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia 41(2): 283–455.
- Silva, G.L. da, Metzelthin, M.H., Silva, O.S. da & Ferla, N.J. 2016. Catalogue of the mite family Tydeidae (Acari: Prostigmata) with the world key to the species. Zootaxa 4135(1): 1–68. DOI: 10.11646/zootaxa.4135.1.1. Reference page.