|Classification System: APG III (down to family level)|
Melianthaceae Horan., Prim. Lin. Syst. Nat.: 100. (1834)
Note: Superconservation of this family was proposed over Francoaceae A. Juss. Ann. Sci. Nat. (Paris)25: 9.(1832), this was neither recommended nor rejected by The Nomenclature Committee for Vascular Plants, see Applequist (2012) and Reveal (2009). This family's distribution is in Africa, whereas Francoaceae is in Chile. This circumscription follows Stevens (2001 onwards) and keeps them separate.
- Horaninow, P.F. (1834) Primae Lineae Systematis Naturae 100.
- Applequist, W.L. (2012) Report of the nomenclature committee for vascular plants: 64, Taxon 61(5): 1108–1117. Available on line . Accessed 2014 Aug 5.
- Reveal, J.L. (2009) (1915) Proposal to conserve Melianthaceae, nom. cons., against Francoaceae (Magnoliophyta), a superconservation" proposal, Taxon 58(4): 1373–1374. Available on line . Accessed 2014 Aug 5.
- Stevens, P.F. (2001 onwards) Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012  Accessed 25 Jan. 2014.
- Tropicos.org: (2014) Melianthaceae Published on the internet. Accessed: 2014 Jan. 25.
|For more multimedia, look at Melianthaceae on Wikimedia Commons.|