Fucus membranifolius Withering, 1796, nom. illeg. (according to Algaebase)
- Fucus membranifolius Goodenough & Woodward, 1797, nom. illeg.
- Fucus membranifolius C.Agardh, 1810, nom. illeg.
- Withering, W. 1796. An arrangement of British plants; according to the latest improvements of the Linnaean system. To which is prefixed, an easy introduction to the study of botany. Illustrated by copper plates. The third edition, in four volumes. Vol. IV pp. [i–iii], [i]–418 [p. 418 in some copies err. numbered 420], pls XVII, XVIII, XXXI [sic]. Birmingham & London: Printed for the Author, by M. Swinney; Sold by C.G. & J. Robinson [etc.]. BHL Reference page. : 106
- Guiry, M.D. & Guiry, G.M. 2018. Fucus membranifolius. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. Accessed 11 February 2018.
- WoRMS, World Register of Marine Species. 2018. Fucus membranifolius. Accessed 11 February 2018.