Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Eponymy: named for Ralph Arnold Lewin, "who collected the original soil sample from the Easter Islands, from which the strain was isolated."
- Type locality: Easter Island, Chile. Permanent freshwater pond in a crater.
- Holotype: Material of the authentic strain CCAP 211/90 is cryopreserved at the Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa, Oban, Scotland. Isotype: An air-dried as well as a formaldehyde-fixed sample of strain CCAP 211/90 was deposited at the Botanical Museum at Berlin-Dahlem under the designation B40 0040663.
- Authentic strain: CCAP 211/90
- Iconotype: Figure 6.
- Bock, C., Krienitz, L. & Pröschold, T. 2011. Taxonomic reassessment of the genus Chlorella (Trebouxiophyceae) using molecular signatures (barcodes), including description of seven new species. Fottea 11(2): 293–312. DOI: 10.5507/fot.2011.028 PDF Reference page. : 303, figs 6, 18
- Guiry, M.D. & Guiry, G.M. 2020. Chlorella lewinii. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. Accessed 2020-04-23.