Boana bischoffi (Boulenger, 1887)
Type locality: "Mundo Novo, [Taquara,] Rio Grande do Sul", Brazil.
Holotype: Syntypes - BM 19220.127.116.11-82 (formerly 18.104.22.168-8).
Copy by Boulenger, 1887
Toungue circular, entire, and slightly free behind. Vomerine teeth in strong, scarcely interrupted, transverse series, on a line with the hinder edge of choanae, which are of moderate size and large than the Eustachian tubes. Head rather large, rather strongly depressed, slightly broader than long; Snout rounder, as long as the diameter of orbit; canthus rostalis angular; loreal region very oblique, concave; nostril nearer the end of the snout than eye; interorbital space as broad as the upper eyelid; tympanus very distinct, half the diameter of the eye. Finger one-fourth webbed; a distinct rudiment of the eye. Finger one-fourth webbed; a very slight fold along the inner edge of the tarsus. The tibio-tarsal articulation reaches halfway between the eye and the end of the snout. Skin smooth above; belly and lower surface of thighs with large; throat with smaller, granules. Greyish or pale brown above, wich or without large brown spots and a brown line along the middle of the head and anterior half of body; a dark brown band from the end of the snout to above the shoulder, passing through the nostril and the eye and over the tympanum; a dark brown line borders the upper and the lower lip; a dark brown streak along the outer side of tibia; hinder side of thighslight, wich vertical black bars; lower surfaces white. From snout with vertical black bars; lower suface white. From snout to vent 55 mm.
- Hyla bischoffi Boulenger, 1887
- Hyla vittigera Werner, 1894
- Hyla multilineata Lutz and Lutz, 1939
- Hyla bischoffi bischoffi — Cochran, 1955
- Hyla bischoffi multilineata — Cochran, 1955
- Hypsiboas bischoffi — Faivovich, Haddad, Garcia, Frost, Campbell, and Wheeler, 2005
- Boana bischoffi — Wiens, Fetzner, Parkinson, and Reeder, 2005
- Boulenger, 1887, Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist., Ser. 5, 20: 298.
- Faivovich, Haddad, Garcia, Frost, Campbell, and Wheeler, 2005, Bull. Am. Mus. Nat. Hist., 294: 87
- Frost, Darrel R. 2018. Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 6.0. Electronic Database accessible at http://research.amnh.org/herpetology/amphibia/index.html. American Museum of Natural History, New York, USA. Boana bischoffi . Accessed on 13 Apr 2008.
- 2007 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species IUCN: Boana bischoffi (Least Concern) Downloaded on 13 April 2008.