(Redirected from BM)Jump to navigation Jump to search
BMNH Natural History Museum (1992–present)
- Formerly known as the British Museum (Natural History) or British Museum of Natural History
- Location: Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, United Kingdom
- Abbreviated: B.M.(N.H.), BMNH, or BM
- Acquired and collections
- Cuming Museum, natural history collection. NOTE: Kept separate, lectotype numbers use standard BMNH prefixes
- Geological Museum, London, in 1986
- HMS Challenger types are housed here
- Reigen Collection of Mazatlan Mollusca, in 1857
- Museum Druce. The total collection was bought by Godman en Salvin and donated to BMNH.
- Acronyms used:
- BM (Index Herbariorum Code)
- NHM (Natural History Museum)
- NHML (Natural History Museum, London)
- NHMUK (Natural History Museum UK)
- Prefixes used
- Associated publications
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), entomology
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). Geology
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), zoology
Type specimen catalogs
- Adams, Z.J.O. & Shimabukuro, P.H.F. 2018. A cybercatalogue of American sand fly types (Diptera, Psychodidae, Phlebotominae) deposited at the Natural History Museum, London. Biodiversity Data Journal 6: e24484. doi: 10.3897/BDJ.6.e24484. Reference page.
- Brock, P.D., Marshall, J.A., Beccaloni, G. & Harman, A.J.E. 2016. The types of Phasmida in the Natural History Museum, London, UK. Zootaxa 4179(2): 151–208. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.4179.2.1. Reference page.
- Carpenter, P.P. 1857: Catalogue of the Reigen Collection of Mazatlan mollusca in the British Museum. Oberlin Press. Google Books reference page
- Harding, J .P. 1962: Darwin's type specimens of varieties of Balanus amphitrite. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), zoology, 9: 273–296. BHL reference page
- Kay, E.A. 1965: Marine molluscs in the Cuming collection, British Museum (Natural History) described by William Harper Pease. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), zoology, supplement (1). BHL reference page
- Low, M.E.Y. & Evenhuis, N.L. 2013. Dates of publication of the Zoology parts of the Report of the Scientific Results of the Voyage of H.M.S. Challenger During the Years 1873–76. Zootaxa 3701(4): 401–420. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.3701.4.1 Reference page.
- Oliver, P. G., Morgenroth, H. & Salvador, A. 2017. Type specimens of Mollusca described by Col. George Montagu in the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter and The Natural History Museum, London. Zoosystematics and Evolution 93(2): 363–412. doi: 10.3897/zse.93.13073. Reference page.
- Salvador, A. & Pickering, J. 2017. Type catalogue of Terebridae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Conoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London, U.K. Zootaxa 4250(2): 101–142. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.4250.2.1. Reference page.
- Shalaeva, K. & Boxshall, G.A. 2014: An illustrated catalogue of the scalpellid barnacles (Crustacea: Cirripedia: Scalpellidae) collected during the HMS “Challenger” expedition and deposited in the Natural History Museum, London. Zootaxa 3804(1): 1–63. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.3804.1.1 Preview (PDF) reference page
- Collections Portal