Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Classification System: APG IV|
Abrotanella spathulata (Hook.f.) Hook.f. (1864:139)
- Trineuron spathulatum Hook.f. (1844:24)
- Etymology: After the shape of the leaves; Swenson (1995:169) comments that "oblanceolate would be more appropriate", but the two terms were still treated somewhat synonymically at the time.
- Notes: not "23" as given by Swenson (1995:167).
- Type locality: "at the top of the hills at the head of Rendezvous Harbour," Auckland Islands, New Zealand
- Lectotype: "Antarc. Exp. s.n. (K; BM, GH, L, P, UPS)
- For precise identification, refer to the specific language as quoted in Swenson (1995:167), since "most of the labels bear neither collector nor number but are annotated as "Antarc. Exp., Auckland Islands" or "Campbell Island", and assumed to be collected by Hooker himself.".
- Hooker, J.D. (1864) Handb. N. Zeal. Fl.. [Not seen].
- Hooker, Joseph Dalton. (1844) "Compositae", in Bot. Antarct. Voy. 1 :23-37. (Fl. Antarct.)
- Swenson, U. 1995. Systematics of Abrotanella, an Amphi-pacific genus of Asteraceae (Senecioneae). Pl. Syst. Evol. 197(1–4): 149–193. doi: 10.1007/BF00984638. Reference page.
|For more multimedia, look at Abrotanella spathulata on Wikimedia Commons.|