Joseph Dalton Hooker
(Redirected from Hook.f.)
Joseph Dalton Hooker (June 30, 1817 – December 10, 1911), British botanist and lichenologist. Son of sir William Jackson Hooker, also botanist and lichenologist.
Author abbreviation: Hook.f.
Authored taxon names
- 163 taxon names authored by Joseph Dalton Hooker (May be incomplete)
(List of works may be incomplete)
- Hooker, J.D. & Harvey, W.H. 1845. Algae antarcticae, being characters and descriptions of the hitherto unpublished species of algae, discovered in Lord Auckland's Group, Campbell's Island, Kerguelen's Land, Falkland Islands, Cape Horn and other southern circumpolar regions, during the voyage of H.M. discovery ships "Erebus" and "Terror". London Journal of Botany 4: 249–276, 293-298.
- Hooker, J.D. & Harvey, W.H. 1845. Algae Novae Zelandiae; being a catalogue of all of the species of algae yet recorded as inhabiting the shores of New Zealand, with characters and brief descriptions of the new species discovered during the voyage of H.M. discovery ships "Erebus" and "Terror" and of others communicated to Sir W. Hooker by D. Sinclair, the Rev. Colenso, and M. Raoul. The London Journal of Botany 4: 521–551. BHL Reference page
- Harvey, W.H. & Hooker, J.D. 1845. XXXVI. Algae L. In: The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror, in the years 1839-1843, under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross, Kt., R.N., F.R.S., etc. by Joseph Dalton Hooker, M.D., R.N., F.L.S., assistant surgeon of the "Erebus" and botanist to the expedition. Vol. 1. Flora antarctica. Part I. Botany of Lord Auckland's Group and Campbell's Island. (Hooker, J.D. Eds), pp. 175-193. London: L. Reeve.
- Hooker, J.D. 1860. Illustrations of the floras of the Malayan archipelago and of tropical Africa. Transactions of the Linnean Society of London 23: 155–172, tt. 20–28. BHL doi: 10.1111/j.1096-3642.1860.tb00128.x Reference page.
- Bentham, G. & Hooker, J.D. 1862. Genera plantarum ad exemplaria imprimis in herbariis kewensibus servata definita. Vol. 1, pars 1, sistens Dicotyledonum Polypetalarum ordines LVI: [Ranunculaceas–Connaraceas.] XII+454 pp. A. Black, William Pamplin, Lovell Reeve & Co., Williams & Norgate, London. BHL Reference page.