Welcome to Wikispecies!
Hello, and welcome to Wikispecies! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages you might like to see:
- Help:Contents provides a good introduction to editing Wikispecies.
- Templates are there to help you following syntax and formatting rules.
- Have a look at Done and to do.
If you have named a taxon, then it is likely that there is (or will be) a Wikispecies page about you, and other pages about your published papers. Please see our advice and guidance for taxon authors.
If you have useful images to contribute to Wikispecies, please upload them at Wikimedia Commons. This is also true for video or audio files containing bird songs, whale vocalization, etc.
Please sign your comments on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username (if you're logged in) and the date. Please also read the Wikispecies policy What Wikispecies is not. If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or in the Village Pump. Again, welcome! Thanks for creating a good page for Acanthopleura. I've fixed the formatting on it. Please don't create categories for each taxon, they duplicate what is already on the taxon pages. We have categories for taxa from specific places, but not categories for each taxon as a whole. Koumz (talk) 15:29, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- OK thanks for the info will consider Greetings --Veronidae (talk) 16:00, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Can you format references more like other Wikispecies pages and not like Wikipedia, please? See my edits on the other pages you created. You can write to me in Spanish if you want and I will understand. I don't write Spanish very well. Koumz (talk) 15:10, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hola esto es lo que quieres Abbott, R.T., lo he visto, pero como no veo que produzca ningún cambio significativo en el contenido por eso no lo he aplicado, pensé que era algo interno de la administración. ¿Cuál es propósito de esa plantilla? Si se puede saber. --Veronidae (talk) 15:22, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
Yes, if you want, you may create categories for, por ejemplo, Venezuela Mollusca and others like that, and add taxon pages to them, since there are these categories for other places. Some users here do these categories and others don't. Koumz (talk) 04:32, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
Under this heading, we only put nomenclaturally distinct synonyms, not subsequent uses of the same name (chresonyms). Gaza was just an example. Please fix any other similar pages that you have created...Stho002 (talk) 04:54, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
Hello. WikiSpecies is intended to be a taxonomic reference for all living species. We restrict pages to cover only one taxon at a time. See a recent butterfly species page of mine here. From this page you can gather information about the original description of the taxon, its location and Holotype information if known. You can also navigate upward through the various superior clades and down to recognised sub-species. This is all we put in WikiSpecies articles. Lists of particular types of organism (in your case certain plants) for particular locations are much better placed on Wikipedia where more general articles on ecology and distribution can be found. Regards, Accassidy (talk) 21:40, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think the list will have to be deleted once it has had enough time for discussion. However, I want to encourage you to add or edit pages in WikiSpecies as well as Wikipedia, if you have the information to give and can conform to the formatting that is standardised in WikiSpecies. Thanks, Accassidy (talk) 22:31, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- You can use categories for this stuff ... Stho002 (talk) 23:35, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have copied it over to here: [[Category:List of Poriferans of Venezuela]], and deleted the old page. Now you need to add [[Category:List of Poriferans of Venezuela]] to each of the species pages ... Stho002 (talk) 23:42, 14 June 2012 (UTC)