- The position of Platyzoa is disputed. It is either (1) a derived (and secondarily simplified) clade of Lophotrochozoa (Passamaneck & Halanych, 2006); or (2) sister taxon to Lophotrochozoa, together forming the clade Spiralia (Helmkampf et al., 2008). Option (2) has been adopted herein.
- Helmkampf, M., Bruchhaus, I. & Hausdorf, B. 2008. Multigene analysis of lophophorate and chaetognath phylogenetic relationships. Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 46: 206–214.
- Passamaneck, Y. & Halanych, K.M. 2006. Lophotrochozoan phylogeny assessed with LSU and SSU data: evidence of lophophorate polyphyly. Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 40: 20–28.
Chaetognaths = Deuterostomia?
- Recent studies have shown that they are in fact Protostomia. Identification of Chaetognaths as Protostomes is supported by the analysis of their mitochondrial genome --Chb 22:17, 26 Nov 2004 (UTC)
Is Dinocarida a class or a phylum? It is currently being treated as a class of the phylum 'Problematica' and a phylum in its own right. Also,is Dinocarida a sort of catch-all for Cambrian invertebrates that don't have known living relatives?
- Actually, the modern consensus is that it is not a superphylum, but its three subgroups (Ecdysozoa, Lophotrochozoa, and Platyzoa) are. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Awesome 210 (talk • contribs) 20:58, 14 February 2016.
Hello fellow editors,
I have just modified 2 external links on Protostomia. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070322085756/http://www.taxonomy.nl/taxonomicon/TaxonTree.aspx?id=198701 to http://www.taxonomy.nl/Taxonomicon/TaxonTree.aspx?id=198701
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070926212334/http://www.taxonomy.nl/taxonomicon/ to http://www.taxonomy.nl/Taxonomicon/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.