Richard Owen (20 July, 1804 – 18 July, 1892) was a British biologist and palaeontologist.
- 21 taxon names authored by Richard Owen (May be incomplete)
(List may be incomplete)
- Owen, R. 1840-45. Odontography, lxxiv + 655 pp., 168 pis. London. reference page
- Owen, R. 1846: [Untitled proceedings]. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, 14: 46–49. BHL reference page
- Owen, R., 1846: Lectures on the comparative anatomy and physiology of the vertebrate animals, delivered at the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1844 and 1846. Part 1: Fishes, 1–308. Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans; London.
- Owen, R. 1848: On Dinornis (Part III.): containing a description of the skull and beak of that genus, and of the same characteristic parts of Palapteryx, and of two other genera of birds, Notornis and Nestor; forming part of an extensive series of ornithic remains discovered by Mr. Walter Mantell at Waingongoro, North Island of New Zealand. Transactions of the Zoological Society of London, 3(5): 345–378. BHL reference page
- Owen, R. 1860. Paleontology or a systematic summary of extinct animals and their geological relations. Adam and Black, Edinburgh, 420 pp. reference page