Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Classification System: APG IV|
Rhamphicarpa Benth., Companion Bot. Mag. 1: 368 (1836).
- Lectotype species: R. tubulosa (L.f.) Benth., designated by Pfeiffer, Nom. 2: 939 (1874). Now regarded as synonym of Cycnium tubulosum (L.f.) Engl.
- The type designated for this circumscription was originally Rhamphicarpa tubulosa (L. f.) Benth., which is now accepted as a synonym of Cycnium tubulosum (L.f.) Engl. If a new type of this genus is not conserved, these species may have to change names or perhaps be transferred to Cycnium E.Mey. ex Benth. or Macrosiphon Hochst..
- For Rhamphicarpa fistulosa (Hochst.) Benth., see Macrosiphon fistulosus Hochst.. However, this synonymy is not universally accepted. In addition, the nomenclature for Macrosiphon is somewhat confused and indeed it has no type species designated (Tropicos, 2014).
- Bentham, G. (1836) Companion to the Botanical Magazine 1: 368.
- Fischer, E., Schäferhoff, B. & Müller, K.F. 2012. The new monotypic genus Bardotia (Orobanchaceae) from Madagascar and remarks on the phylogenetic relationships of the African and Madagascan genera Parastriga, Radamaea, Rhamphicarpa and Sieversandreas. Phytotaxa 46: 19–33. DOI: 10.11646/phytotaxa.46.1.4 Reference page.
- The Plant List 2013. Rhamphicarpa in The Plant List Version 1.1. Published online. Accessed: 2014 Feb. 12.
- Tropicos.org 2014. Rhamphicarpa. Missouri Botanical Garden. Published online. Accessed: 28 Feb. 2014.
- International Plant Names Index. 2014. Rhamphicarpa. Published online. Accessed: Feb. 28 2014.