Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Classification System: APG IV|
Rhamphicarpa Benth. (1836)
- Type species: R. tubulosa (L.f.) Benth. Now accepted as synonym of Cycnium tubulosum (L.f.) Engl. therefore there is no Typus.
- The type designated for this circumscription was originally Rhamphicarpa tubulosa (L. f.) Benth., which is now accepted as a synonym of Cycnium tubulosum (L.f.) Engl. If a new type of this genus is not conserved, these species may have to change names or perhaps be transferred to Cycnium E.Mey. ex Benth. or Macrosiphon Hochst..
- For Rhamphicarpa fistulosa (Hochst.) Benth., see Macrosiphon fistulosus Hochst.. However, this synonymy is not universally accepted. In addition, the nomenclature for Macrosiphon is somewhat confused and indeed it has no type species designated (Tropicos, 2014).
- Bentham, G. (1836) Companion to the Botanical Magazine 1: 368.
- Fischer, E., Schäferhoff, B. & Müller, K.F. 2012. The new monotypic genus Bardotia (Orobanchaceae) from Madagascar and remarks on the phylogenetic relationships of the African and Madagascan genera Parastriga, Radamaea, Rhamphicarpa and Sieversandreas. Phytotaxa 46: 19-33. Preview Reference page.
- The Plant List 2013. Rhamphicarpa in The Plant List Version 1.1. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2014 Feb. 12.
- Tropicos.org 2014. Rhamphicarpa . Missouri Botanical Garden. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2014 Feb. 28.
- International Plant Names Index. 2014. Rhamphicarpa. Published online. Accessed Feb. 28 2014.