|Classification System: APG IV|
Pycnostachys Hook., Exot. Fl. 3: t. 202 (1826)
- Pycnostachys coerulea Hook., Exot. Fl. 3: t. 202 (1826)
Note: Paton et al., (2019) transferred Pycnostachys umbrosa (Vatke) Perkins, Notizbl. Bot. Gart. Berlin-Dahlem 8: 77 (1921) back to its basionym Coleus umbrosus Vatke, Linnaea 43: 91 (1881). However, they also note that the holotype of the basionym has been destroyed and so Govaerts et al. (2020) keep it here pending further work. Unfortunately this prevents complete synonymy with Coleus.
- Hooker, J.D. (1826) Exotic Flora 3: t. 202.
- Govaerts, R. et al. 2014. Pycnostachys in World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2014 June 26.
- Tropicos.org 2014. Pycnostachys . Missouri Botanical Garden. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2014 June 26.
- International Plant Names Index. 2014. Pycnostachys. Published online. Accessed June 26 2014.