- Pseudophilautus puranappu Wickramasinghe, Vidanapathirana, Rajeev, Ariyarathne, Chanaka, Priyantha, Bandara & Wickramasinghe, 2013: 3855, figs. 17–19; Images 29–34; Tables 16–18
- Holotype: NMSL 2013.06.01 NH, 21.xi.2009, adult male; coll. L.J.M.W, D.R.V. & S.C.A.
- Type locality: Sripada (Peak Wilderness), Nuwara Eliya District, Central Province, Sri Lanka (060 48’26”N & 800 29’58”E; 2100m)
- Etymology: Named after Veera Puran Appu (Veerahennadige Francisco Fernando, 1812–1848) Puran Appu was a leader who stood up against the might of the British Empire, and died a courageous death, named for his sacrifice for freedom of Sri Lanka.
- Wickramasinghe L.J.M., Vidanapathirana D.R., Rajeev M.D.G., Ariyarathne S.C., Chanaka A.W.A., Priyantha L.L.D., Bandara I.N., Wickramasinghe N., 2013: Eight new species of Pseudophilautus (Amphibia: Anura: Rhacophoridae) from Sripada World Heritage Site (Peak Wilderness), a local amphibian hotspot in Sri Lanka. Journal of threatened taxa, 5: 3789–3920. PDF.