- Holotype: CFBH 8241, adult ♂, collected by L.F. Toledo, J.G.R. Giovanelli, and F.B. Britto on 09 January 2005.
- Type locality: “a temporary pond in the 'Sítio do Carlão', district of Itapé, Municipality of Rio Claro, state of São Paulo, southeastern Brazil (22°20′41.57″S; 47°40′1.52″W; approximately 600 m above sea level)”.
- Pseudopaludicola serrana Toledo, 2010: 48 [synonymized by Pansonato et al. (2014: 11)]
- Holotype: ZUEC 16442, adult ♂, collected by J. Tolledo, N.R. Silva, P.G. Taucce, and P. Pinheiro on 1 December 2009.
- Type locality: “temporary pond in the Condomínio Retiro das Pedras (private area), Serra da Moeda, municipality of Brumadinho, state of Minas Gerais, southeastern Brazil (20°06′06.7″ S and 43°59′20.8″ W; approximately 1.450 m above sea level)”.
- Toledo, L.F., Siqueira, S., Duarte, T.C., Veiga-Menoncello, A.C.P., Recco-Pimentel, S.M. & Haddad, C.F.B. 2010. Description of a new species of Pseudopaludicola Miranda-Ribeiro, 1926 from the state of São Paulo, southeastern Brazil (Anura, Leiuperidae). Zootaxa 2496: 38–48. Preview. DOI: 10.11646/zootaxa.2681.1.4 Reference page.
- Toledo, L.F. 2010. Description of a new species of Pseudopaludicola Miranda-Ribeiro, 1926 from the state of São Paulo, Southeastern Brazil (Anura, Leiuperidae). Zootaxa 2681: 47–56. Preview.