- Homopholis wahlbergii (Smith, 1849)
Holotype: BMNH. [lost fide FitzSimons (1937)]
Neotype: PEM R17603, adult ♀. [designated by Broadley, Jackman & Bauer (2014: 119)]
Type locality: “Kafferland eastwards of Cape Colony”, redesignated by neotype designation to “Jozini Dam, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa” by Broadley, Jackman & Bauer (2014: 119).
- Geko walbergii [sic] Smith, 1849: plate 75 + unpaginated [original combination]
- Homopholis walbergii — Boulenger, 1885: 171 [subsequent combination]
Nomenclatural note: The spelling walbergii was corrected to wahlbergii by Smith in an addenda slip (unpaginated).
- Smith, A. 1838–1849. Illustrations of the Zoology of South Africa; Consisting Chiefly of Figures and Descriptions of the Objects of Natural History Collected During an Expedition Into the Interior of South Africa, in the Years 1834, 1835, and 1836; Fitted Out by “The Cape of Good Hope Association for Exploring Central Africa.” Published Under the Authority of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury. Reptilia. Vol. 2. Smith, Elder and Co.: London.  + 28 pp., pls. 1–78. BHL Reference page.
- Broadley, D.G., T.R. Jackman, T.R. & Bauer, A.M. 2014. A review of the genus Homopholis Boulenger (Reptilia: Squamata: Gekkonidae) in southern Africa. African Journal of Herpetology 63(2): 109–126. DOI: 10.1080/21564574.2014.930071 Reference page.
- Uetz, P. & Hallermann, J. 2023. Homopholis walbergii. The Reptile Database. Accessed on 22 October 2018.