Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Type locality: Southwest Ledge, Onslow Bay, North Carolina, USA.
- Holotype: A. Poray NCweed-178; 30 June 2009; 27 m on rock. UNB.
- Named for "James Newman Willis III, 'Capt. Jim,' US Bureau of Commercial Fisheries and National Marine Fisheries researcher, coastal advocate and historian scholar of North Carolina’s Outer Banks."
- Schneider, C.W., Freshwater, D.W. & Saunders, G.W. 2012. First report of Halopeltis (Rhodophyta, Rhodymeniaceae) from the non-tropical Northern Hemisphere: H. adnata (Okamura) comb. nov. from Korea, and H. pellucida sp. nov. and H. willisii sp. nov. from the North Atlantic. Algae 27: 95–108, 5 figs. Reference page. : 101, figs 3, 4
- Guiry, M.D. & Guiry, G.M. 2018. Halopeltis willisii. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. Accessed 24 June 2018.