- Eirenis kermanensis Rajabizadeh, Schmidtler, Orlov & Soleimani, 2012
- Holotype: ICSTZM 7H1062; adult Female; coll. Gh. Soleimani, May 2008
- Type locality: Iran, Kerman province, Sarduieh region, Babe Karafs village, (29°16’ N 57°15’ E), 2800 m elevation.
- Etymology: Named after the Kerman Province, the largest province of Iran in its southeastern part with very different ecosystems from high mountains in the west to a hot desert in the east and from high elevated plains in the north to low coastal plains in the south — the herpetofauna of which has been studied poorly up to now.
- Rajabizadeh, Mehdi; Josef F. Schmidtler, Nikolai Orlov,Gholamreza Soleimani, 2012: Review of Taxonomy and Distribution of the Eirenis medus group (Chernov, 1940) (Ophidia: Colubridae) with Description of a New Species of the Genus Eirenis from Kerman Province, Southeastern Iran. Russian Journal of Herpetology, 19(4): 307–313. Abstract.