Species: C. aggregata
Cymatogaster Gibbons, 1854: 2
- Type species: Cymatogaster aggregata Gibbons, 1854
- Type by subsequent designation
- Gender: feminine
- Metrogaster A. Agassiz, 1861
- Gibbons, W.P. 1854. Description of four new species of viviparous fish, read before the California Academy of Natural Sciences, Monday evening, May 15, 1854. Daily Placer Times and Transcript, Wednesday, May 18, 1854, page 2, column 3 [newspaper].
- [Also published later in 1854: Description of four new species of viviparous fishes from Sacramento River, and the Bay of San Francisco. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 7: 105–106. BHL] Reference page.