- Holotype: BNHS 3100, adult ♂, collected by Amit Sayyed on 27 September 2020.
- Type locality: “India; Rajgad fort, Pune District, Maharashtra State; 18°14'46N, 73°40'55E; 1324 m a.s.l.”
- Paratypes (2): BNHS 3101 and 3102, both adult ♀, collected by Abhijit Nale, Kiran Ahire and Mahesh Bandgar, same data as for holotype.
- Sayyed, A., Cyriac, V.P., Pardeshi, A. & Sulakhe, S. 2021. Dwarfs of the fortress: A new cryptic species of dwarf gecko of the genus Cnemaspis Strauch, 1887 (Squamata, Gekkonidae) from Rajgad fort in the northern Western Ghats of Maharashtra, India. Evolutionary Systematics 5: 25–38. DOI: 10.3897/evolsyst.5.62929 Reference page.
- Uetz, P. & Hallermann, J. 2021. Cnemaspis rajgadensis. The Reptile Database. Accessed on 26 May 2021.