Anaxyrus woodhousii woodhousii
Anaxyrus woodhousii woodhousii (Cope, 1889)
The recognition of Anaxyrus as a genus distinct from Bufo is highly controversial, and has not been accepted by many herpetologists working with this group. For a complete phylogeny of the species in this group and their relationships as a subgroup within Bufo, see Pauly et al. (2004).
- Bufo lentiginosus woodhousei — Cope, 1889
- Bufo woodhousii woodhousii — Smith, 1934
- Bufo woodhousei woodhousei — Shannon & Lowe, 1955
- Anaxyrus woodhousei woodhousii — Frost, McDiarmid & Mendelson, 2008
- Pauly, G. B., D. M. Hillis, and D. C, Cannatella. (2004) The history of a Nearctic colonization: Molecular phylogenetics and biogeography of the Nearctic toads (Bufo). Evolution 58: 2517–2535.
- Frost, McDiarmid, and Mendelson, 2008, in Crother (ed.), Herpetol. Circ. 37: 3.
- Frost, D. 2008. Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 5.2 (15 July, 2008). Electronic Database accessible at www.research.amnh.org/herpetology/amphibia. American Museum of Natural History, New York, USA. Anaxyrus woodhousii woodhousii