- Holotype: BPBM 17833 (field tag FK 7720), adult ♂, collected by F. Kraus & B. Uruwa on 26 February 2003.
- Type locality: "near Etakaba Creek, approximately 1 km SE Bunisi Village, 10.0245° S, 149.5947° E, 1,490–1,540 m, N slope of Mt. Simpson, Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea".
- Paratypes: (n = 24) Mt. Simpson, Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea.
- BPBM 17834–17855, PNGNM 23897–23904, adult ♂♂,same data as holotype.
- BPBM 17856, adult ♂,near Uga River, approximately 1 km S Bunisi Village, 10.0226° S, 149.5920° E, 1,400 m, collected by F. Kraus on 27 February 2003.
- BPBM 17857, adult ♂,same data as holotype, except collected by B. Uruwa on 27 February 2003.
- Kraus, F.; Allison, A. 2005: A colorful new species of Albericus (Anura: Microhylidae) from southeastern New Guinea. Pacific science, 59: 43–53. DOI: 10.1353/psc.2005.0008
- Frost, Darrel R. 2018. Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 6.0. Electronic Database accessible at http://research.amnh.org/herpetology/amphibia/index.html. American Museum of Natural History, New York, USA. Albericus sanguinopictus . Accessed on 12 June 2008.
- 2007 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species IUCN: Albericus sanguinopictus (Data Deficient) Downloaded on 12 June 2008.