Hi Benedict, your statistics page is out of order. Might be correctable by modifying the MediaWiki: pages. ku:User:Erdal_Ronahi
Thanks for pointing that out, I had a look; did you mean the date and time bar? I didn't find anything where to change that, nor any cue at the WikiSpecies profile. Maybe you can add what you miss. The timebar seems to work fine from my point of view. Best, Benedikt
- 1 BlockIP
- 2 Taxonavigation of Insects
- 3 License ?
- 4 Your Logo
- 5 Time to admin me?
- 6 Errors?
- 7 Time to admin me?
- 8 Conflict with wikipedia
- 9 Homininae
- 10 Templates
- 11 Admin
- 12 Copyright of File:Wikispecies logo.png
- 13 2 Questions
- 14 rename account
- 15 Welcome back!
- 16 שלום Benedikt
- 17 Forced user renames coming soon for SUL
- 18 Vernacular names
- Wikispecies:Block log; 18:18 . . Benedikt (Talk) (blocked "22.214.171.124" with an expiry time of 10000 hours: vandalizing main page)
Hello Benedikt, are you sure that it´s really useful or even necessary to block a changing IP for such a long time? In all other Wikimedia projects 1-2 (-24) hours are normally used for blocking. --Bdk 18:39, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- I am not familiar with the blocking policies of other projects (as I'm no wiki-veteran as most other users), and thought that somebody writing 'Welcome, Asshole!' to the main page demonstrates a lack of will to contribute useful data - so I thought it is appropriate to ban this IP. If that's different in other Wikimedia projects, I can decrease the blocking time to the one you suggested. Thanks for pointing that out, best, Benedikt
- It is because most IPs are dynamic, so at another time this IP would be used by another person and the same troll may also come back with a different IP within minutes. So please deblock that IP. Thanx --Bdk 03:34, 7 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Take a look at the Lepidoptera Taxonavigation to Pierini please, there are at least 2 more levels possible, and if you want to get into cohorts subcohorts etc. as many as 8. I'm not advocating abbreviating the navigation, far from it, however with insecta the boxes can get very long. Williamb 14:20, 6 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- True, taxonomy can become quite extensive and rather esotheric than scientific - I suggest personally to understand the taxonavigation as the use of the most common clades that should serve the user to have an orientation within the tree. We should cover as many taxons as possible, but I recommend everybody not to bee too anal about levels of taxa; to everybody worried about the taxonavigation: work with information as accurate as possible, but don't expect the taxonavigation ever to become a 'right' or even 'current' tree. It should provide a red line through the regna. Thanks! Benedikt
Hi, what is the license of the wikispecies logo ? Can you answer me on http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion_Utilisateur:Tipiac ? Thanks in advance. 126.96.36.199 08:18, 17 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Hi Benedikt. Do you have a colour version of your WikiSpecies logo? How about using the Wikimedia colours to give a green insect on a red flower (or something similar)? If you don't have the time or inclination, then I'd happily update it for you if you send me the source - I think it'd brighten the place up a bit and make it clearer what it's an image of. I don't check here very often at all, so please leave any response at my Wikipedia talk page. Happy Christmas (if that's appropriate!) --HappyDog 23:10, 19 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Time to admin me?
Looks like the polling period has ended.... - UtherSRG 18:19, 28 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I have not yet been blessed with an admin bit. Perhaps a gentle reminder to the good folks who can do so? - UtherSRG 22:17, 7 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Hi Benedict, I am Dan.
Am I confused, or is Ordo: Xenarthra submitted on 2 places:
As far as I can see, it belong under Placentalia?
Dan Koehl 12:18, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Time to admin me?
Looks like the polling period has ended.... - Dan Koehl July 2, 2005 17:14 (UTC)
- I have not yet been blessed with an admin bit. Perhaps a gentle reminder to the good folks who can do so? - Dan Koehl July 2, 2005 17:14 (UTC)
Conflict with wikipedia
I believe Phacochoerus is an example of what is seen as wikipedia conflict, what do you think?
- Hm, tricky bit...welcome to the battleground of phylogeny, I would say. Obviously, the vernacular name of "Menschen" wouldn't include Gorillas and Schimpansen; IMHO there is not one single vernacular name that reflects Homininae, so I split it into two (Menschenaffen would include orangutans, which is not conform with modern cladistics...).
Hi, can you please react to Wikispecies:Village_Pump#Attempt_for_revision_of_the_templates? Thank you, Ucucha 14:36, 29 August 2005 (UTC) (I send this message to all admins)
Copyright of File:Wikispecies logo.png
The Wikispecies logo here looks way cool. Why is the Wikipedia template pointing to Wikimedia using something different (the fly/flower logo)?
I am struggling through an online biology class at my college and I'm misunderstanding something about homonid taxonomy. My textbook tells me that "All humanlike and human species, past and present, are known as the homonids." First, does Hominidae = Homonid? Second, does Hominidae include anything but humans and our extinct ancestors? The second part is where the Wikipedia, Wikispecies, and my textbook disagree. My textbook claims that only humans and our ancestors belong to Hominidae.
I greatly appreciate any light you can help shed on the subject.
Feel free to respond on my Wikipedia Talk
188.8.131.52 23:32, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
I would like to rename my account to a new name; "Niduzzi", as my current name ("Izzudin") is already in use in id: and ar: by others. So I can't unify my account. Thanks! Izzudin 12:55, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Very rarely, though :) But thanks for the kind welcome! Benedikt
אני מנסה לאחד את השם משתמש שלי "אבגד" בכל מיזמי קרן ויקימדיה. אבקש לשנות את אבגד למשהו אחר כדי שאוכל לאחדם. אודה לך במאוד. כדאי שתראה את הבקשות במטא כאן ובויקיפדיה כאן. בתודה, משתמש אבגד מתוך משתמש חדש לצורך העניין. --אבגד1 (talk) 14:59, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Hi, sorry for writing in English. I'm writing to ask you, as a bureaucrat of this wiki, to translate and review the notification that will be sent to all users, also on this wiki, who will be forced to change their user name on May 27 and will probably need your help with renames. You may also want to help with the pages m:Rename practices and m:Global rename policy. Thank you, Nemo 17:10, 3 May 2013 (UTC)