William Healey Dall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
William Healey Dall (August 21, 1845 – March 27, 1927), U.S. naturalist, malacologist and palaeontologist.
(List may be incomplete)
- In his lifetime Dall described, or was senior author in the description of, 354 genera and subgenera, and 3,959 species and subspecies.
(List may be incomplete)
- Dall, W.H. 1866. On a species of Helix from California, supposed to be new. American journal of conchology. 2:328–329. BHL. Reference page.
- Dall, W.H. 1870. A revision of the Terebratulidae and Lingulidae, with remarks on and descriptions of some recent forms.
- Dall, W.H. 1870. XXVII.—On the genus Pompholyx and its allies, with a revision of the Limnæidæ of authors. Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York.
- Dall, W.H. 1870. Alaska and its resources. Boston. Lee and Shepard.
- Dall, W.H. 1870. Remarks on the anatomy of the genus Siphonaria, with a description of a new species.
- Dall, W.H. 1870. Revision of the classification of the Mollusca of Massachusetts.
- Dall, W.H. 1870. Materials for a monograph on the family Lepetidae. American Journal of Conchology.
- Dall, W.H. 1872. On the parasites of the cetaceans of the N.W. coast of America, with descriptions of new forms. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, series 1, 4(5): 299–301. BHL Reference page.
- Dall, W.H. 1878. Descriptions of new forms of mollusks from Alaska contained in the collection of the National Museum. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 1: 1–3.
- Dall, W.H. 1881. Reports on the results of dredging, under the supervision of Alexander Agassiz, in the Gulf of Mexico, and in the Caribbean Sea, 1877-79, by the U.S.Coast Survey Steamer Blake. 15. Preliminary report on the Mollusca. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College 9, 33-144.
- Dall, W.H. 1889. On the hinge of pelecypods and its development, with an attempt toward a better subdivision of the group. American Journal of Science Series 3, 38(228): 445–462. DOI: 10.2475/ajs.s3-38.228.445 BHL Reference page.
- Dall, W.H. 1889. XXIX. Report on the Mollusca. Part II. Gastropoda and Scaphopoda. In: Reports on the results of dredging, under the supervision of Alexander Agassiz, in the Gulf of Mexico (1877-78) and in the Caribbean Sea (1879–80), by the U.S. coast survey steamer "Blake," Lieut.-Commander C. D. Sigsbee, U. S. N, and commander J.R. Bartlett, U. S. N., commanding. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy 18: 1–492, pls 1–40. BHL Reference page.
- Dall, W.H. 1889. A preliminary catalogue of the shell-bearing marine mollusks and brachiopods of the southeastern coast of the United States, with illustrations of many of the species. Bulletin of the United States National Museum 37: 1–221, pls 1–74.
- Dall, W.H. 1902. Illustrations and descriptions of new, unfigured, or imperfectly known shells, chiefly American, in the U. S. National Museum. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 24(1264), 499–566, pls 27–40.
- Dall, W.H. 1902. Synopsis of the family Veneridae and of the North American Recent species. US Government Printing Office.
- Dall, W.H. 1908. Reports on the Dredging Operations off the West Coast of Central America to the Galapagos, to the West Coast of Mexico, and in the Gulf of California, in charge of Alexander Agassiz, carried on by the U. S. Fish Commission Steamer "Albatross" during 1891. Lieut. Commander Z. L. Tanner, U. S. N., Commanding, XXXVIII. And. Reports on the Scientific Results of the Expedition to the Eastern Tropical Pacific in charge of Alexander Agassiz, by the U. S. Fish Commission Steamer "Albatross", from October, 1904, to March, 1905, Lieut. Commander L. M. Garrett, U. S. N., Commanding, XIV. Reports on the Mollusca and Brachiopoda. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy at Harvard College 43(6), 205–487, pls 1–22.
- Dall, W.H. 1909. Contributions to the Tertiary paleontology of the Pacific Coast. U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper 59: 1–142. (PDF). Reference page.
- Dall, W.H. 1920. Annotated list of the Recent Brachiopoda in the collection of the United States National Museum, with descriptions of thirty-three new forms.
- Dall, W.H. 1924. Summary of the marine shellbearing mollusks of the northwest coast of America: from San Diego, California, to the Polar Sea, mostly contained in the … Govt. print. off.
- Dall, W.H. 1924. On the value of nuclear characters in the classification of marine gastropods. Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences.
- Dall, W.H. 1924. Notes on molluscan nomenclature. Biological Society of Washington.
- Dall, W.H. 1924. A remarkable caecid from Florida. The Nautilus.
- Dall, W.H. 1927. Small Shells from Dredgings off the Southeast Coast of the United States by the United States Fisheries Steamer "Albatross" in 1885 and 1886. U.S. Nat. Mus. Proc. 70(art. 18) 1–134.