Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rodentia -this order contains between 2000 and 3000 species of rodent—roughly half of all mammal species.
- Lagomorpha -this order contains Leporidae (hares and rabbits) and Ochotonidae (pikas).
- Scandentia -this order contains the family Tupaiidae, the tree shrews.
- Primates -this order contains lemurs, monkeys and apes (including humans).
- Dermoptera - this order is small, containing Colugos, arboreal gliding mammals found in South-east Asia. Formerly known as flying lemurs, there are just two species in a single genus, which makes up the entire family Cynocephalidae.