- New Zealand [adventive]
- Subgenera (3): Dorsilopha(A) - Drosophila(A) - Sophophora(A)
- Species (8): D. busckii – D. funebris – D. hydei – D. immigrans – D. melanogaster – D. pseudoobscura – D. repleta – D. simulans
- NOTE: Hodge & Martin in Macfarlane et al. (2010: 448) list Drosophila n. sp. E [=endemic], without giving any indication of the basis for this record. If it is based on a historical identification, then the species could be a member of the genus Scaptodrosophila, which was historically lumped with Drosophila. Given this uncertainty, and the fact that all other true Drosophila spp. in New Zealand are adventive, I continue to treat the genus as adventive in New Zealand until the issue can be clarified.
- Macfarlane, R.P. et al. 2010: [Chapter] NINE Phylum ARTHROPODA SUBPHYLUM HEXAPODA Protura, springtails, Diplura, and insects. Pp. 233-467 in Gordon, D.P. (ed.): New Zealand inventory of biodiversity. Volume 2. Kingdom Animalia. Chaetognatha, Ecdysozoa, ichnofossils. Canterbury University Press, Christchurch, New Zealand. ISBN 978-1-87725793-3
- BHL bibliography
- Catalogue of Life: 2020 Annual Checklist
- Drosophila (ICZN) – Taxon details on Encyclopedia of Life (EOL).
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. 2019. GBIF Backbone Taxonomy. Checklist dataset. Taxon: Drosophila (ICZN).
Hello fellow editors,
I have just modified 1 external links on Drosophila (ICZN). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160304185933/http://www.zoores.ac.cn/qikan/epaper/zhaiyao.asp?bsid=4752 to http://www.zoores.ac.cn/qikan/epaper/zhaiyao.asp?bsid=4752
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.