Is there a reason why "Canis lupus familiaris" is not linked off of here?
- Got lost in the update. Fixed now. Thanks Lycaon 05:42, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
New Guinea singing dog
I don't understand why C.l. Hallstromi has been deleted as a subspecies, as now he's not considered yet as a breed of dog but as a subspecies of wolf. Genetic analysis has showed "New Guinea singing dog" is finally NOT a dog, and not a dingo, but a separate subspecies.--Violaine2 19:10, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
- Added under Canis as full species according to:
- Koler-Matznick J. (2003). An Updated Description of the New Guinea Singing Dog Canis Hallstromi Troughton 1957. J. Zoology, London 261:1-10.
- Lycaon 19:28, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Subspecies of Wolf
Unsure if the number of subspecies given is still up to date. Both japanese wolves (hattai and hodophillax) have been known to be extinct for some years (See, Okarma: "Der Wolf", Mech, Boitani: "Wolf")
Hello fellow editors,
I have just modified 1 external links on Canis lupus. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070203100154/http://www.cites.org/eng/app/appendices.shtml to http://www.cites.org/eng/app/appendices.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.