|Classification System: APG IV|
Laurus L., Sp. Pl. 1: 369 (1753).
The genus is probably monotypic and L. nobilis is genetically highly variable (Aboel-Atta, 2009). Secondary sources also contain many unresolved species and due to historical reasons Laurus combinations are commonly found as basionyms.
|Native distribution areas:|
- Aboel-Atta, A-M. I. 2009. On the Taxonomy of Laurus L. (Lauraceae), Evidence from Isozymes, RAPD and ISSR. Academic Journal of Plant Sciences 2(2): 82–91. PDF.
- Govaerts, R. et al. 2022. Laurus in Kew Science Plants of the World Online. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2022 June 18. Reference page.
- International Plant Names Index. 2016. Laurus. Published online. Accessed October 5 2016.
- Govaerts, R. et al. 2016. Laurus in Kew Science Plants of the World Online. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2016 October 5. Reference page.
- Tropicos.org 2016. Laurus. Missouri Botanical Garden. Published on the internet. Accessed: 5 October 2016.