Larix sibirica Ledeb., Flora Altaica 4: 204, 1833.
- Pinus larix L. var. russica Endl., Syn. Conif.: 134, 1847.
- Larix sukaczewii Dylis, Dokl. Akad. Nauk S.S.S.R. 50: 489 (1946, nom. inval., sine descr. Latin.) [in Russian; fails ICN Art. 39].
Described from the Altai Mts in southern Siberia and the nearby Tarbagatay Mts in eastern Kazakhstan. Western populations (west of the Ob-Irtysh drainage) are accepted by many Russian botanists as Larix sukaczewii nom. inval. (or Larix sibirica var. sukaczewii nom. inval.); elsewhere, the species is usually treated as monotypic. Hybridises with Larix gmelinii at the eastern edge of its range to give Larix × czekanowskii.
- Ledebour, C. F. von. Flora Altaica 4: 204, Berlin, 1833.
- Flora of China: Larix sibirica
- Gorchakovsky, P. L. & Shiyatov, S. G. 1978. The Upper Forest Limit in the Mountains of the Boreal Zone of the USSR. Arctic and Alpine Research 10 (2): 349-363. DOI: 10.2307/1550767.
- Milyutin, L. I. & Vishnevetskaia, K. D. 1995. Larch and Larch Forests of Siberia. Pp. 50-53 in Ecology and Management of Larix Forests. US Forest Service General Technical Report GTR-INT-319.