Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sir John Richardson (1781–1865), Scottish naval surgeon, naturalist (ichthyology and botany) and arctic explorer.
- Standard IPNI abbreviation: Richardson (outdated: Richards.)
- 19 taxon names authored by John Richardson (List may be incomplete)
(List may be incomplete)
- Swainson, W. Northern Zoology Part II Aves in: Swainson, W. & Richardson, J. 1831. Fauna boreali-americana, or, The zoology of the northern parts of British America: containing descriptions of the objects of natural history collected on the late northern land expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. Part Second, The Birds. pp. 1-523. John Murray. London DOI: 10.5962/bhl.title.39293 BHL Reference page.
- Richardson, J. 1836. The Fish. In: Fauna Boreali-Americana; or the zoology of the northern parts of British America: containing descriptions of the objects of natural history collected on the late northern land expeditions, under the command of Sir John Franklin, R.N. J. Bentley. Part 3: i–xv + 1–327, Pls. 74–97.Reference page.
- Richardson, J. 1844-48. Ichthyology of the voyage of H. M. S. Erebus & Terror,... In: Richardson, J. & Gray, J.E. The zoology of the voyage of H. H. S. "Erebus & Terror," under the command of Captain Sir J. C. Ross ... during ... 1839-43. London. 2 (2): i-viii + 1-139, Pls. 1-60. [1844: 1-16; 1845: 17-52; 1846: 53-74; 1848: i-viii + 75-139. PDF Reference page.
- Richardson, J. 1845. Ichthyology. Part 3. In: R.B. Hinds (ed.) The zoology of the voyage of H.M.S. Sulphur, under the command of Captain Sir Edward Belcher, R.N., C.B., F.R.G.S., etc., during the years 1836–42. No. 10. 99–150, Pls. 55–64.Reference page.
- Richardson, J. 1846. Report on the ichthyology of the seas of China and Japan. Report of the British Association for the Advancement of Science 15th meeting : 187–320. BHLReference page.