Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Lindley (1799–1865), English botanist.
Standard IPNI form: Lindl.
- Rosarum Monographia (1820)
- Monographia Digitalium (1821)
- Observations on Pomaceae (1821)
- The Encyclopedia of Plants (with John Claudius Loudon, 1829)
- A Synopsis of British Flora, arranged according to the Natural Order (1829)
- An Introduction to the Natural System of Botany (1830)
- An Outline of the First Principles of Horticulture (1832)
- An Outline of the Structure and Physiology of Plants (1832)
- Nixus Plantarum (1833)
- A Natural System of Botany (1836)
- The Fossil Flora of Great Britain (with William Hutton, 1831-1837)
- Lindley, J. in Mitchell, T.L. 1838. Three Expeditions into the interior of Eastern Australia: with descriptions of the recently explored region of Australia Felix, and of the present colony of New South Wales. 2. Project Gutenberg, Archive.org Reference page.
- Flora Medica (1838)
- Lindley, J. 1839. Edwards's Botanical Register 25. London: James Ridgeway. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1840. Appendix to the first twenty-three volumes of Edwards's Botanical Register. A Sketch of the Vegetation of the Swan River Colony. BHL Reference page.
- Theory of Horticulture (1840)
- The Vegetable Kingdom (1846)
- Lindley, J. 1846. Orchidaceae Lindenianae; or, notes upon a collection of orchids formed in Colombia and Cuba, by Mr. J. Linden. VIII+28 pp. Bradbury and Evans, London. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1848. The Close-Headed Bejaria. The Gardeners' Chronicle and Agricultural Gazette 1848: 175. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1848. in Mitchell, T.L.: Journal of an Expedition into the Interior of Tropical Australia, in search of a route from Sydney to the Gulf of Carpentaria. London. online Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1851. Notices of certain Ornamental Plants lately introduced into England. Journal of the Horticultural Society of London 6: 258–273. BHL Reference page.
- Folia Orchidacea (1852)
- Descriptive Botany (1858)