Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Lindley (1799–1865), English botanist.
IPNI standard form: Lindl.
(List may be incomplete)
- Lindley, J. 1836. A Natural System of Botany; or, A Systematic View of The Organization, Natural Affinities and Geographical Distribution, of the whole Vegetable Kingdom, 2nd edition.
- Lindley, J. in Mitchell, T.L. 1838. Three Expeditions into the interior of Eastern Australia: with descriptions of the recently explored region of Australia Felix, and of the present colony of New South Wales. 2. Project Gutenberg, Archive.org Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1839. Edwards's Botanical Register 25. London: James Ridgeway. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1839-1840. Appendix to the first twenty-three volumes of Edwards's botanical register consisting of a complete alphabetical and systematical index of names, synomymes and matter, adjusted to the present state of systematical botany, together with a sketch of the vegetation of the Swan River colony. iv + lviii + lxiv p., 9 pl. London: James Ridgway. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1844. Miscellaneous Matter of the Botanical Register 1844. Edwards's Botanical Register 30: 1–92. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1846. Orchidaceae Lindenianae; or, notes upon a collection of orchids formed in Colombia and Cuba, by Mr. J. Linden. VIII+28 pp. Bradbury and Evans, London. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1848. The Close-Headed Bejaria. The Gardeners' Chronicle and Agricultural Gazette 1848: 175. BHL Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1848. in Mitchell, T.L.: Journal of an Expedition into the Interior of Tropical Australia, in search of a route from Sydney to the Gulf of Carpentaria. London. online Reference page.
- Lindley, J. 1851. Notices of certain Ornamental Plants lately introduced into England. Journal of the Horticultural Society of London 6: 258–273. BHL Reference page.