Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Fleming (January 10, 1785 – November 18, 1857), Scottish zoologist, malacologist, cnidariologist, and minister.
Standard IPNI form: Fleming
- 51 taxon names authored by John Fleming (List may be incomplete)
(List may be incomplete)
- Fleming J., 1813. Conchology. Brewster's Edinburgh Encyclopedia.
- Fleming, J. 1821. Insecta. Supplement to the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Editions of the Encyclopaedia Britannica Volume Fifth [Part 1]. 584 pp. A. Constable and Company, Edinburgh, 41–56, pl. 85. Archive Reference page.
- Fleming, J. 1828. A history of British animals, exhibiting the descriptive characters and systematical arrangement of the genera and species of quadrupeds, birds, reptiles, fishes, Mollusca, and Radiata of the United Kingdom; including the indigenous, extirpated, and extinct kinds, together with periodical and occasional visitants. Bell & Bradfute: Edinburgh/James Duncan: London. xxiii + 565 pp. BHL Reference page.
- Fleming, J. 1831. On the occurrence of scales of vertebrated animals in the Old Red Sandstone of Fifeshire. Edinburgh Journal of Natural and Geological Science 2: 81–86. Reference page.