- Chimaera ogilbyi Waite, 1898: 56
Lectotype: AMS I.3736, ♀ 500 mm BDL, collected on 10 March 1898. [designated by Finucci et al. (2018: 198)]
Type locality: “Thetis station 35, 37, and 46, vicinity of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, depth 33-66 fathoms”, redesignated by lectotype designation to “off Port Hacking, New South Wales, Australia, 34°04.8’ S, 151°12’ E, 22–38 fathoms (40–70 m) depth” by Finucci et al. (2018: 198).
- Hydrolagus ogilbyi — Bigelow & Schroeder, 1953: 534 [subsequent combination]
- Hydrolagus (Psychichthys) waitei Fowler, 1907: 419
Holotype: ANSP 33119.
Type locality: Victoria, Australia.
- Phasmichthys lemures Whitley, 1939: 261
Holotype: AMS E.3591.
Type loclaity: Great Australian Bight, off Eucla, Western Australia.
Native distribution areas
- Indo-West Pacific: Southeastern Australia (New South Wales to eastern South Australia); Papua New Guinea.
- Waite, E.R. 1898. New South Wales fisheries. Trawling operations off the coast of New South Wales, between the Manning River and Jervis Bay, carried on by H. M. C. S. "Thetis". Scientific report on the fishes. Official report, Sydney. New South Wales Sea Fisheries. 1-62.
- Finucci, B., White, W.T., Kemper, J.M. & Naylor, G.J.P. 2018. Redescription of Chimaera ogilbyi (Chimaeriformes; Chimaeridae) from the Indo-Australian region. Zootaxa 4375(2): 191–210. DOI: 10.11646/zootaxa.4375.2.2 Reference page.