Henry Nottidge Moseley
Henry Nottidge Moseley, (14 November 1844 – 10 November 1891), British naturalist who sailed on the global scientific expedition of the HMS Challenger in 1872 through 1876. Fellow of Exeter College, Osford, England.
(List may be incomplete)
(List may be incomplete)
- Moseley, H.N. 1876. Preliminary note on the structure of the Stylasteridae, a group of stony corals which, like the Milleporidae, are hydroids, and not anthozoans. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London 25(172): 93–101. BHL Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1876: Preliminary report to Professor Wyville Thomson ... on the true corals dredged by the H. M. S. "Challenger" in deep water between the dates Dec. 30th, 1870 and August 31st, 1875. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London 24(170): 544–569. BHL Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1876. On the Structure and Relations of the Alcyonarian Heliopora caerulea, with Some Account of the Anatomy of a Species of Sarcophyton, Notes on the Structure of Species of the Genera Millepora, Pocillopora, and Stylaster, and Remarks on the Affinities of Certain Palaeozoic Corals. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society 166: 91–129. JSTOR Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1877: Notes on the structure of several forms of land planarians, with a description of two new genera and several new species, and a list of all speies at present known. Quarterly journal of microscopical science (n.s.) 17: 273–292, plate XX. BHL Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1876. On the Structure of a Species of Millepora Occurring at Tahiti, Society Islands. Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society 167: 117–135. JSTOR Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1877. On two new forms of deep-sea ascidians, obtained during the voyage of H.M.S. 'Challenger'. Transactions of the Linnean Society of London: Zoology series 2, 1(art. 14): 287–294. BHLReference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1877. On new forms of Actiniaria dredged in the deep sea; with a description of certain pelagic surface-swimming species. Transactions of the Linnean Society of London: Zoology series 2 1(art. 15): 295–305. BHLReference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1878. Description of a new species of land-planarian from the hothouses at Kew Gardens. Annals and Magazine of Natural History (5) 1(3): 237–239. DOI: 10.1080/00222937808682324 . BHL Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1878. The Croonian Lecture: On the Structure of the Stylasteridae, a Family of the Hydroid Stony Corals. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London 169: 425–503. JSTOR Reference page.
- Moseley, H.N. 1881: Report on certain hydroid, alcyonarian, and madreporarian corals procured during the voyage of H. M. S. Challenger, in the years 1873–1876. Report on the Scientific Results of the Voyage of H. M. S. Challenger during the Years 1873–76, Zoology 2(7): 1–248, 32 pls. in three parts, 17 figs. BHL Reference page.
- ZooBank: AE745BBC-9E94-44F5-A2E4-36C8CB644A50