Gerald Augustus Harold Bedford
Gerald Augustus Harold Bedford (May 1891 - 28 January 1938) was a British entomologist of the 20th century, specialized in parasites from South Africa (especially ticks).
The standard author abbreviation is Bedford.
- Argas peringueyi (Bedford & Hewitt, 1925)
- Rhipicephalus theileri (Bedford & Hewitt, 1925)
- Haemaphysalis cooleyi (Bedford, 1929)
- Ixodes elongatus (Bedford, 1929)
- Nuttalliella namaqua (Bedford, 1931)
- Argas striatus (Bedford, 1932)
- Rhipicephalus distinctus (Bedford, 1932)
(List may be incomplete)
- Bedford, G.A.H. 1920: Anoplura from South African hosts. Part II. Report of the Director of Veterinary Services and Animal Industry, Union of South Africa, 7/8(1918): 709–734. PDF. Reference page.
- Bedford, G.A.H. & Hewitt, J. 1925: "Descriptions of two new species of ticks, with notes on rare and hitherto unrecorded species from South Africa". South African Journal of Natural History, 5: 259–266.
- Bedford, G.A.H. 1928: "South African mosquitoes". Rep. Vet. Res. S. Afr., 13 & 14: 883–990.
- Bedford, G.A.H. 1929(Oct): "Anoplura (Siphunculata and Mallophaga) from South African Hosts". 15th Annual Report of the Director of Veterinary Services, Union of South Africa, 15: 501–549.
- Bedford, G.A.H. 1931(Apr): "Nuttalliella namaqua, a new genus and species of tick". Parasitology 23 (2): 230–232. DOI: 10.1017/S0031182000013573
- Bedford, G.A.H. 1932: "Description of Argas striatus, a new species of tick". 18th Report of the Director of Veterinary Services and Animal Industry, Union of South Africa, 18: 221–222.
- Bedford, G.A.H. 1932: "A synoptic check-list and host-list of the ectoparasites found on South African Mammalia, Aves and Reptilia (2nd ed.)". 18th Report of the Director of Veterinary Services and Animal Industry, Union of South Africa, 18 (2): 223–523.
- Nieschlilz, O., Bedford, G.A.H., Du Toit, R.M. 1934: "Investigations into the transmission of blue-tongue in sheep, during the season 1931/1932". Onderstepoort. J. vet. Sci., 2 (2): 509–562. (Rev. appl. Ent. (B), 22; p. 171).
- Munro, H.K. Obituary - G.A.H. Bedford. Journal of the Entomological Society of Southern Africa 1939;1:149-150.
- Horak, I.G. A century of tick taxonomy in South Africa. Onderstepoort Journal of Veterinary Research 2009;76:69–74.