Brian Mackness, Australian palaeontologist. Specialised on Pliocene palaeoecology, diprotodotonid marsupials, palaeopathology. Currently researching Bluff Downs, Chinchilla and Spring Park Local Faunas.
(List may be incomplete)
Author (co-author) of following taxa:
- Porphyrio porphyrio nujagura Boles & Mackness, 1994
- Anhinga malagurala Mackness 1995a
- Palorchestes selestiae Mackness, 1995b
- Quinkana babarra Willis & Mackness, 1996
- Elseya nadibajagu Thomson & Mackness, 1999
- Pseudochirops winteri Mackness & Archer, 2002
- Liasis dubudingala Scanlon & Mackness, 2002
- Boles, W.E. & Mackness, B.S. 1994. Birds from the Bluff Downs Local Fauna, Allingham Formation, Queensland. Records of the South Australian Museum 27: 139-149.
- Mackness, B.S. 1995a. Anhinga malagurala, a new pygmy darter from the early Pliocene Bluff Downs Local Fauna, northeastern Queensland. Emu 95: 265-271.
- Mackness, B.S. 1995b. Palorchestes selestiae, a new species of palorchestid marsupial from the early Pliocene Bluff Downs Local Fauna, northeastern Queensland. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 38: 603-609.
- Mackness, B.S. & Archer, M. 2002. A new petauroid possum (Marsupialia,Pseudocheiridae) from the Pliocene Bluff Downs Local Fauna, northern Queensland. Alcheringa 25: 439-444.
- Scanlon, J. & Mackness, B.S. 2002. A new giant python from the Pliocene Bluff Downs Local Fauna of northeastern Queensland. Alcheringa 25: 425-437
- Thomson, S. & Mackness, B.S. 1999. Fossil reptiles from the early Pliocene Bluff Downs Local Fauna. Turtles: with a description of a new species of Elseya. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia 123: 101-105
- Wroe, S. & Mackness, B.S. 2000. A new genus and species of dasyurid from the Pliocene Chinchilla Local Fauna of south-eastern Queensland. Alcheringa 24: 319–326
- Wroe, S. & Mackness, B.S. 2000. Additional material of Dasyurus dunmalli from the Pliocene Chinchilla Local Fauna of Queensland and its phylogenetic implications. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 45(2): 640–645. BHL Reference page.
- Willis, P.M.A. & Mackness, B.S. 1996. Quinkana babarra, a new species of ziphodont mekosuchine crocodile from the early Pliocene Bluff Downs Local Fauna, northern Australian with a revision of the genus. Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales 116: 143-151.