Species: Ectopsocus petersi
- Ectopsocus petersi Smithers, 1978
- Authority for current placement: original
- Original genus: Ectopsocus McLachlan, 1899
- Original status: valid species
- Primary type: holotype
- Fixation: designated
- Description: [adult] male
- Repository: INM
- Type locality: 'Co Armagh, Marlacoo Lake'
- Ectopsocus australis
- NOTE: Ectopsocus punctatus was not synonymised with Ectopsocus petersi by Smithers (2003), despite being marked so, as 'syn. n.', but this was meant to signify that males originally described as E. punctatus are E. petersi
Primary references 
Selected references 
- Schmidt, E.R.; New, T.R. 2008: The Psocoptera (Insecta) of Tasmania, Australia. Memoirs of Museum Victoria, 65: 71–152.
- Schmidt, E.R.; Thornton, I.W.B. 1992: The Psocoptera (Insecta) of Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria, Australia. Memoirs of Museum Victoria, 53(2): 137-220. BHL reference page
- Smithers, C.N. 1996: A gynandromorph of Ectopsocus australis Schmidt & Thornton (Psocoptera: Ectopsocidae) from Australia. Australian entomologist, 23(3): 93-95. [not seen]
- Smithers, C.N. 2003: The identity and nomenclature of some species of Ectopsocus McLachlan (Psocoptera, Ectopsocidae) common to the Palaearctic, Nearctic and Australasian regions. Entomologist's monthly magazine, 139: 1-6. [publication date: '31st January, 2003', sourced from first page of article]
- Smithers, C.N. 2007: Lord Howe Island Psocoptera (Insecta). Records of the Australian Museum, 59(1): 9-26. doi: 10.3853/j.0067-1975.59.2007.1482
- Comparative spermeogenesis [sic] between Lepinotus inquilinus Heyder (Trogidae) and Ectopsocus petersi Smithers (Ectopsocidae) (Psocoptera).
- A second English locality for Ectopsocus petersi Smithers (Psocoptera).
- [Ectopsocus petersi Smithers, 1978, new psocopteran for Luxembourg (Insecta, Psocoptera, Ectopsocidae).]