William Swainson (October 8, 1789 – December 7, 1855), Fern Grove, New Zealand. Ichthyologist and malacologist.
- Swainson, W., 1827. A sketch of the natural affinities of the Lepidoptera Diurna of Latreille. Philosophical Magazine (2) 1(3). BHL: 180–188. reference page
- Swainson, W. 1829–1833. Zoological Illustrations, or original figures and descriptions of new rare or interesting animals Series 2, Volumes 1–3. Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3. reference page
- Swainson, W. 1838. On the natural history and classification of fishes, amphibians, & reptiles, or monocardian animals. A. Spottiswoode, London 1: i–vi + 1–368. reference page
- Swainson, W. 1839. The natural history and classification of fishes, amphibians, & reptiles, or monocardian animals. Spottiswoode & Co., London 2: i–vi + 1–448. reference page
- 40 taxa authored by William Swainson (May be incomplete)