Jump to navigation Jump to search
Som sagt af Jimbo Wales:
- As you know, the creation of this project was somewhat controversial in some quarters, and so I propose an early development of a strong non-forking policy guideline here, illustrating how wikispecies significantly differs from articles that would appear in a general encyclopedia.
- Here are some of the key points that the board put forward when we approved this project:
- We set up the WikiSpecies wiki for biologists to begin organizing the project.
- We propose that as the software is developed, it should work to strongly support integration with wikipedia, to help avoid duplication of effort, i.e. to avoid forking.
- We ask the participants on wikispecies to particularly think about how their work should differ from a generalist encyclopedia.